John is passionate about helping educators reach their potential to impact student learning.
Sometimes he does this through job-embedded coaching with coaches and teachers in their classrooms. Other times he works with building leaders on crafting and implementing policies and practices that can build a culture that supports excellent teaching and learning. He routinely works with district and state leaders to consider everything from hardware and network configurations, curriculum and assessment, and policies that leverage digital resources to best take advantage of opportunities to personalize learning and meet the needs of more teachers and students.
- Technology Integration for Meaningful Classroom Use, 3rd ed.
- Online Professional Development: Design, Deliver, Succeed!
- “Online Courses,” Chapter in Powerful Designs for Professional Learning, 3rd ed.
- “Technology in the Creative Classroom,” Chapter in Transformers. Creative Teachers for the 21st Century
- Beyond Textbooks: The Learning Return on Investment
- Beyond Textbooks: Digital Textbooks in an Online Course
- Support for Differentiation: Implementing eSpark
- The HMH Fuse: Algebra/App Pilot Project
- Putting on the eLearning Backpack with TI-Nspire™ Technology