Evergreen Public Schools sought to articulate a district vision founded on the shared belief that learning drives technology use (and not the other way around). Driven by a moral imperative to address equity and access for all learners, EPS leaders re-envisioned an organizational structure that placed an emphasis on learning design and technology in support of personalized learning. Delays in technology deployment led to an unintended positive consequence, allowing educators time to focus deeply on learning design.
In 2015, a Dell EMC education strategist who had built a deep relationship with Evergreen leadership recognized the opportunity for ALP contribute to the district’s goals. Since then, ALP has worked closely with EPS leaders to customize visioning, design, implementation and amplification services to meet evolving needs of educators at all levels of the organization. It is a pleasure to work with a team that has a sophisticated vision for personalized learning accompanied by the talent, energy, and determination to actualize that vision. Learn more about Evergreen’s Path to Personalized learning.
- Located 15 miles north of Portland, OR
- One of the largest school districts in Washington state, serving 27,000 students across 35 schools
- Emphasizes personalized learning, collaborative instruction, and graduation attainment for all students.
- Co-presenters at Learning Forward Annual Conference in 2017
- ALP Partnership since 2014: 9 integrated, job-embedded services, 14 uniquely skilled consultants
- About Evergeen Public Schools: http://www.evergreenps.org/Article-View/about-evergreen-public-schools